Monday, April 4, 2011

Rain + White Food = Home in Helsinki

Today as I was walking to school in the rain I kept thinking I need to find my umbrella in my scarf drawer and working hard to convince myself to eat at Aalto cafe.  I successfully avoided going to Wayne's Coffee for a cafe mocha but will probably end up there tomorrow morning because it'll be much harder to resist at half price before 10am.  Then a few silly stories from spring break that I didn't already blog about came to mind.

First, a tragedy, I lost a knitted wrister on the plane to Paris.  Thanks to the warmer weather I thought I could finish the second wrister on the plane and brought one that was already completed.  The EasyJet flight was soo tight (I felt badly for animals because I felt like a sardine) that I apparently dropped the completed wrister on the ground and did not notice it leaving the flight.  I did not notice that it was gone until a couple nights later when I next pulled out my knitting.  It's the least significant thing I could loose, but is still disappointing.

Next, (wonder of wonders) a food memory.  On Monday we walked around the Kampii Center for awhile after returning from the Aalto University campus.  There is an ice cream store that includes mix ins where I consistently turn away to avoid the temptation of a 6 euro sundae.  The ice cream and the candy mix ins are just as good and, adding their chocolate sauce, actually better than they looked!!

This morning I heard back from the Russian consulate with information regarding applying for a visa for our (hopeful) trip to St. Petersberg from April 22-25th so now I am going to fill out some paperwork and then work on my America Center design before Pentti arrives in the studio at 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment