Thursday, February 17, 2011

Almost Train Time!

I have many bags packed and am thinking very cold thoughts as the train for Rovaniemi departs in about an hour and a half.  Today I bought a pair of ski gloves because Helsinki temperatures have proved the gloves I bought are great but not going to be good enough for a snow sculpture competition for 5 hours in nearly -30 degree celcius weather.

Hopefully on our trip we'll get to go to Santa's Village!!  There are other architectural highlights but I think all of us are becoming more childlike and focusing on that opportunity.  Another goal is to eat reindeer (a second time for me).  I hoping it will come in steak form both because I haven't had a steak in a month now and I think the meat might be better.

Hopefully, when we come back Helsinki will feel more warm.  Here's an image of Sally from Tuesday night as we piled on the layers just to be functional in our apartment:

I enjoyed the many many colors in her ensemble, as well, lol.

Today we had Building Systems class and heard from one of the chairs of the wood program here.  A student who works for him then took us through their 2010 Solar Decathlon design.  It was LOVELY!













No comments:

Post a Comment