Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cooking is Fun :)

I spent a fair portion of the last two days in the apartment.  Sally has ventured out to go shopping and work on studio assignments in a cafe, but I've essentially stayed in the apartment.  Today I feel like venturing out, but a lot of stores are closed so my timing is off.  I might go to the supermarket that's a few blocks away to see if I can find something exciting to make myself for lunch.  The title of today's blog is due to last night's adventure - Sally and I used the wok!


Sally was in charge of the plan - she went to the bigger grocery store in Kampii and found most of our supplies (broccoli, noodles, sauce, soy sauce, stir fry veggies) while I bought the chicken and some snap peas.  We think we probably made a bit much for the flavor packet, but with soy sauce, it was really tasty!!  I'm tempted to try to make myself pizza today (and/or figure out how to make popcorn on the stove...two things I have been craving the past few weeks.

Other than plotting food strategies (and keeping a ledger for the very first time since I do not have online banking with my Finnish bank card) I have been knitting a lot and doing some classwork.  On Friday I made a digital model of my pavillion design for studio.  It ended up looking a lot more like a carnival ride than anything I would've planned on claiming as my own work.  I took yesterday away from it, so will look at the design again today and see what I think.  If it doesn't scare me off, I'll make plan and section drawings of my design.  Yesterday I made two models of potential chair designs.  One ended up looking just like a chair I've seen a million places and the other is a lounge chair that kind of looks like it should be a dog sled.  I used my cereal box to make them so need to find another source of model supplies to keep working on developing ideas.



I think I might be able to finish my current knitting project by Thursday - which would mean I would have a new cowl to wear to Rovaniemi!

No comments:

Post a Comment