Saturday, January 22, 2011

List Making Begins

A Finnish architect found me at the airport (he was a tad late so someone I met on the airplane and I were trying to figure out his phone number...life is so tricky without a phone and reliable internet access) and we took a taxi to my new apartment just in time to catch Sally.  He had to throw snowballs at the window to get her attention, bc she had both keys!  Now she is off the the opera and I'm thinking of things I should have brought, food I'd like to eat, things to buy at the store tomorrow or money (like waste baskets), and how to shower when the bathroom has no curtain.  I think I might wait until all the work is done on our place before posting photos, but we'll just see.

Best part of the apartment: A red frig.
Second best: an awkward green fireplace thing...I think that's what it is.

Now Sally and Todd are off to the opera.  I wanted to go but need a shower desperately.  If I get oriented and decide I'm not too exhausted, I might venture to a bar where everyone is meeting at 9:15pm.  It'll be a battle between sleep and food.  So far Sally has some cereal in the apartment and I've had half a sandwich since 7am (it's now almost 19:00 here).

No comments:

Post a Comment